The Federalist Society hosted the 40th annual National Lawyers Convention last week in Washington, D.C. Professor William Merkel was one of the featured speakers.
Student Profile: Sherman McKinley Brown III
Meet Sherman McKinley Brown III. He is a 2L student at Charleston School of Law.
Brown grew up in Virginia and attended Georgia State and earned his undergraduate degree in political science.
“I never knew how much I could accomplish until I got to law school,” said Brown. “Law school has taught me that I am able to persevere.”
Brown said he knows he wants to be a criminal defense attorney to “affect change” and serve the greater good.
Watch our latest student profile below for more about Sherman McKinley Brown III and his journey in law school.
CHARLESTON SCHOOL OF LAW QUICK FACTS
The Charleston School of Law is an ABA-accredited law school nationally recognized for its student-centric culture. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing you for success both in the classroom and in the legal profession.
- The Princeton Review ranks Charleston School of Law professors sixth in the country for faculty accessibility and No. 12 nationwide in quality of teaching (2022)
- Charleston School of Law faculty ranked among the top of The Princeton Review’s list of Best Professors in the nation (2016-2018)
- Experiential Learning: Charleston School of Law students have access to more than 150 externship sites, creating opportunities for experiential learning in the legal field.
- Community Service: Charleston School of Law students have performed more than 241,000 community service hours (2004-current).
- Students have won the National Tax Moot Court Championship for seven consecutive years (2012-2018)
Related stories from the Charleston School of Law
Charleston will host its final student-led Stress & Burnout Engagement Group today at noon in Room 222.