Student Profile: Jonathan Raley
Jonathan Raley is a 2L student at Charleston School of Law.
An Iowa native, Raley earned his undergraduate degree from Coke College.
“I knew I wanted to practice law from an early age because of my late aunt, Jane Raley. She was the co-director of Northwestern Center for Wrongful Convictions. At all of our family gatherings, I would hear these incredible stories … exonerating someone of a crime they didn’t commit. She was excited to be at work every single day. I knew I wanted to be an attorney. I knew I wanted to help people on the worst day of their lives.”
Watch our latest student profile below for more about Jonathan’s journey in law school.
CHARLESTON SCHOOL OF LAW QUICK FACTS
The Charleston School of Law is an ABA-accredited law school nationally recognized for its student-centric culture. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing you for success both in the classroom and in the legal profession.
- The Princeton Review ranks Charleston School of Law professors sixth in the country for faculty accessibility and No. 12 nationwide in quality of teaching (2022)
- Charleston School of Law faculty ranked among the top of The Princeton Review’s list of Best Professors in the nation (2016-2018)
- Experiential Learning: Charleston School of Law students have access to more than 150 externship sites, creating opportunities for experiential learning in the legal field.
- Community Service: Charleston School of Law students have performed more than 241,000 community service hours (2004-current).
- Students have won the National Tax Moot Court Championship for seven consecutive years (2012-2018)
Related stories from the Charleston School of Law
The following was originally published by the South Carolina chapter for the Association of Corporate Counsel.