Law Library Extended Hours
Through May 7, the Charleston School of Law Sol Blatt Jr. Law Library will offer extended hours in preparation for your final exams. They are as follows:
- Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
During Finals, study rooms are in high demand. Below are a few reminders for those who may only choose to study in the library during finals.
- Room 108 and Room 110 are the only individual rooms. All other rooms will have priority given to groups.
- Room 106 has a minimum capacity of 4 people. When the library is busy, you will be asked to leave Room 106 if you do not have a reservation or are under capacity for the room.
- Each student has 3 hours of advanced room booking time. Further room bookings will need to be completed at the circulation desk, and it is based on availability.
- There is a 15-minute grace period for each room check-in. After 15 minutes, The room booking will be canceled and made available again for booking.
The Law Library has a limited number of study rooms, and adhering to the study room policies makes studying in the library during finals a pleasant experience for all.
Additionally, the library team requests you:
- Return all Course Reserve and Study Aid resources on time, so they are available for use by your classmates.
- Use the two Study Aid online platforms available to you from the Law Library database page. The two study aid packages include many popular study aids series like Examples & Explanation, the Short and Happy Guide, Sum and Substance essays & multiple-choice questions, etc. If you have any questions about gaining access to these study aids, don’t hesitate to get in touch with a librarian.
- Use soft voices in the stacks area.
- Make use of earplugs available at the Reference & Circulation Desks.
Enjoy access to the following Nontraditional items for check out:
- Power banks and cords
- Dry erase marker packets