Podcast: Professor Bill Janssen
Welcome to the Charleston School of Law Podcast Summer Series. Take us with you to the beach, on the deck, on the road and go behind-the-scenes of law school with faculty and alumni as they share their career experience and thoughts on the latest legal news.
Charleston School of Law Professor William Janssen joined the faculty in 2006 after a lengthy practice with the mid-Atlantic law firm of Saul Ewing LLP, where he was a litigation partner, a member of the firm’s seven-person governing executive committee, and chair of the interdisciplinary Life Sciences Practice Group.
Janssen concentrated his practice in pharmaceutical, medical device, and mass torts defense and risk containment. In practice, he was involved in various high-profile drug cases, including the national diet drug “fen-phen” litigations and DES litigations. Both as a practitioner and in academia, he has spoken and written frequently on pharmaceutical and medical device law.
CHARLESTON SCHOOL OF LAW QUICK FACTS
The Charleston School of Law is an ABA-accredited law school nationally recognized for its student-centric culture. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing you for success both in the classroom and in the legal profession.
- The Princeton Review ranks Charleston School of Law professors second in the country for faculty accessibility (2021)
- Charleston School of Law faculty ranked among the top of The Princeton Review’s list of Best Professors in the nation (2016-2018)
- Experiential Learning: Charleston School of Law students have access to about more than 150 externship sites, creating opportunities for experiential learning in the legal field.
- Community Service: Charleston School of Law students have performed more than 241,000 community service hours (2004-current).
- Students have won the National Tax Moot Court Championship for seven consecutive years (2012-2018)
Related stories from the Charleston School of Law
The following was originally published by the South Carolina chapter for the Association of Corporate Counsel.