Merkel speaks at 40th annual National Lawyers Convention
The Federalist Society hosted the 40th annual National Lawyers Convention last week at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C.
The three-day convention focused on the state of today’s legal industry, including a special session titled, “The Second Amendment: Aftermath of Bruen; What’s Next at the State Level?”
Charleston School of Law Professor William Merkel was one of the featured speakers on the subject. His comments begin at 27:58 of the following video:
- Mr. Stephen Halbrook, Senior Fellow, Independent Institute
- Professor William Merkel, Associate Professor of Law, Charleston School of Law
- Professor Mark Smith, Visiting Fellow in Pharmaceutical Public Policy and Law, Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford; Presidential Scholar and Senior Fellow in Law and Public Policy, The King’s College; Distinguished Scholar and Senior Fellow of Law and Public Policy, Ave Maria School of Law
- Moderator: Honorable Steven J. Menashi, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
CHARLESTON SCHOOL OF LAW QUICK FACTS
The Charleston School of Law is an ABA-accredited law school nationally recognized for its student-centric culture. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing you for success both in the classroom and in the legal profession.
- The Princeton Review ranks Charleston School of Law professors second in the country for faculty accessibility (2021)
- Charleston School of Law faculty ranked among the top of The Princeton Review’s list of Best Professors in the nation (2016-2018)
- Experiential Learning: Charleston School of Law students have access to about more than 150 externship sites, creating opportunities for experiential learning in the legal field.
- Community Service: Charleston School of Law students have performed more than 241,000 community service hours (2004-current).
- Students have won the National Tax Moot Court Championship for seven consecutive years (2012-2018)