5 Tips to Minimize Final Exam Stress and Anxiety Final exam week begins Monday at Charleston School of Law and one thing is for certain,
Ashe ('20), Lorente join Charleston Law staff
Charleston School of Law has announced the addition of Cristy Lorente to the Office of Student Affairs and Kristen Ashe (’20) to the Office of Career Services.
Both Ashe and Lorente will serve vital roles in serving Charleston Law students prepare for success.
Ashe rejoins her alma mater as an Assistant Director of Career Services.
“Career outcomes are critically important for law schools, law students, and their families,” said Charleston School of Law Dean and Provost Larry Cunningham. “Kristen will be play a vital role as we continue our ongoing commitment to providing students with proactive assistance in finding jobs, demonstrating successful bar and job outcomes.”
Since earning her Juris Doctor, Ashe has served as a legal recruiter connecting firms and legal professionals around the United States. In addition, prior to law school, Ashe also worked with in family law and for the South Carolina Department of Social Services as a law student and graduate.
“Kristen brings a wealth of experience in navigating all aspects of the legal hiring process from resume preparation, conducting mock interviews, and developing networking plans,” added Dean Cunningham.
Lorente is an accomplished attorney with 20+ years of experience as a prosecutor, associate, and solo practitioner. She joins the law school as the Assistant Director of Student Wellness and Success.
“Wellness and student mental health are priorities for our school and the South Carolina Bar, and the American Bar Association,” said Dean Cunningham. “Law schools around the country are seeing more and more students with increasingly complex and severe challenges in their personal lives. By helping students acclimate healthily to law school and the profession, we will help them become successful and balanced students and attorneys.”
An Ohio native, Lorente is a graduate of the University of Colorado law school and a member of the California bar.
CHARLESTON SCHOOL OF LAW QUICK FACTS
The Charleston School of Law is an ABA-accredited law school nationally recognized for its student-centric culture. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing you for success both in the classroom and in the legal profession.
- The Princeton Review ranks Charleston School of Law professors second in the country for faculty accessibility (2021)
- Charleston School of Law faculty ranked among the top of The Princeton Review’s list of Best Professors in the nation (2016-2018)
- Experiential Learning: Charleston School of Law students have access to about more than 150 externship sites, creating opportunities for experiential learning in the legal field.
- Community Service: Charleston School of Law students have performed more than 241,000 community service hours (2004-current).
- Students have won the National Tax Moot Court Championship for seven consecutive years (2012-2018)