The Federalist Society hosted the 40th annual National Lawyers Convention last week in Washington, D.C. Professor William Merkel was one of the featured speakers.
Students compete in Stetson Pretrial Competition
Charleston School of Law students participated in the 15th annual National Pretrial Competition at Stetson University. The competition fosters skills that attorneys practice every day: legal research, writing, evidentiary presentation, and argument. Fourteen law schools were invited to compete.
Baylor Law School won the overall competition and Michael Tagliabue, Baylor Law School was recognized as best advocate.
Charleston School of Law was recognized for advancing to the quarterfinals of the competition, along with University at Buffalo School of Law, University of Miami School of Law, and Campbell University School of Law.
The following schools competed in the 2022 National Pretrial Competition:
- Baylor Law School
- Campbell University School of Law
- Chapman University, Fowler School of Law
- Charleston School of Law
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- Mississippi College School of Law
- Nova Southeastern College of Law
- Regent University School of Law
- St. Mary’s School of Law
- University at Buffalo School of Law
- University of Illinois, Chicago School of Law
- University of Miami School of Law
- University of South Dakota, Knudson School of Law
- Western Michigan, Cooley School of Law
CHARLESTON SCHOOL OF LAW QUICK FACTS
The Charleston School of Law is an ABA-accredited law school nationally recognized for its student-centric culture. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing you for success both in the classroom and in the legal profession.
- The Princeton Review ranks Charleston School of Law professors sixth in the country for faculty accessibility and No. 12 nationwide in quality of teaching (2022)
- Charleston School of Law faculty ranked among the top of The Princeton Review’s list of Best Professors in the nation (2016-2018)
- Experiential Learning: Charleston School of Law students have access to more than 150 externship sites, creating opportunities for experiential learning in the legal field.
- Community Service: Charleston School of Law students have performed more than 241,000 community service hours (2004-current).
- Students have won the National Tax Moot Court Championship for seven consecutive years (2012-2018)
Related stories from the Charleston School of Law
Charleston will host its final student-led Stress & Burnout Engagement Group today at noon in Room 222.