In November 1825, a group of Charleston attorneys were granted a charter by the State of South Carolina to establish a “Lecture-ship on the Law.”
In February 1826, the Forensic Club offered lectures in the law to begin what essentially was the South’s earliest law school.
As a tribute to the founding members of the Forensic Club, the Charleston School of Law selects a limited number of graduates to become members.
Members are selected based on demonstrated leadership, professionalism, public service and academic commitment. Alumni members include: