All students are encouraged to keep their emergency contact information updated in CSOLaccess.
In the event of an on-campus emergency, inclement weather or other threats to the Charleston School of Law, the Emergency Response Team will determine key constituencies that should be informed, including Faculty, staff, students, media outlets and the general public.
Emergency notifications and school closures will be disseminated through various internal and external communication channels:
- Omnilert Text Alerts: Urgent notifications sent via text message to Faculty, staff and student cell phones will appear from “CSOL Alert.” Students are automatically enrolled at orientation. To opt-in for this service visit https://charlestonlaw.omnilert.net/subscriber.php
- Website: Visit www.charlestonlaw.edu for updates.
- Emergency Hotline: Emergency or weather-related information will be recorded on the voicemail of the emergency hotline, 866.599.4299.
- Email Notifications: An email with further instructions will be issued to the internal community via the “CSOL Alert” distribution list.
- Social Media: The official Charleston School of Law Facebook and Twitter pages will publish emergency information via status updates.
- TWEN: Information will be posted on School of Law community accounts under the “Announcements from Administration” folder.
- Message Boards: Internal message boards will alert students in the event of an emergency.
- News Media: Check local news outlets for updates on closures and delays.
Below are helpful resources for students and families in the event of an emergency.
Students will be able to track storms and find preparedness information on the following websites:
Local information on evacuation routes and shelters can be found on the following websites:
- Arson/Explosives Unit (Non-Emergency) – 843.577.7434
- Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital (West Ashley) – 843.402.1000
- Charleston County Emergency Preparedness – 843.202.7400
- Charleston Memorial Hospital – 843.792.1414
- Charleston County Sheriff’s Office – 843.202.1700
- City of Charleston Fire Department (Emergency) – 843.720.1981
- City of Charleston Police Department – 843.577.7074
- City of Mount Pleasant Fire Department – 843.884.4176
- City of Mount Pleasant Police Department – 843.884.4176
- City of North Charleston Fire Department – 843.740.2616
- City of North Charleston Police Department – 843.740.0666
- East Cooper Regional Medical Center (Mt. Pleasant) – 843.881.0100
- Emergency Federal Bureau of Investigation – 843.722.0135
- Federal Bureau of Investigation – 843.722.0135
- Medical University of South Carolina – 843.792.2300
- Natural Gas Leak Emergencies – 888.333.4465
- Poison Control Center – 800.222.1222
- Police/Fire/Ambulance – 911
- Roper/St. Francis Hospital – 843.724.2000
- S.C. Emergency Preparedness – 803.737.8500
- S.C. Department of Health & Environment Control – 803.898.3432
- State Law Enforcement Division/24 Hour Emergency – 803.896.7000
- South Carolina Electric & Gas (SCE&G) – 800.251.7234
- South Carolina Highway Patrol – 843.953.6010
- Trident Medical Center – 843.797.7000
- Trident Summerville Medical Center – 843.832.5000