What are you looking for?
WHO WE ARE
The Charleston School of Law is an ABA-accredited law school nationally recognized for its student-centric culture. Our faculty and staff are committed to preparing you for success both in the classroom and in the legal profession.
Yes, it’s our mission; but it’s also our promise to students. Our success begins and ends with your success.
Our curriculum is grounded in the fundamentals and the practical legal skills required to serve in the legal profession. Our students learn in two ways:
- Classroom: The classroom is a special place. It’s our version of a laboratory; a space where we learn, test and challenge each other. Our faculty are experienced, passionate legal professionals with a heart for teaching. You will learn. You will serve. You will grow – personally and professionally.
- Beyond the Classroom: We believe one of the cornerstones of successful learning outcomes is hands-on experience. Our Externship Program and pro bono opportunities will open new doors to learn and serve.
- The Charleston School of Law was founded in 2003
- Location: Charleston, South Carolina
- Faculty: Rated among the top 10 in the nation by The Princeton Review for “student accessibility”
- Quality of Life: Ranked #4 among all law schools on The Princeton Review’s list of “Best Quality of Life” (2017-2018)
- Ranked #1 city in the U.S. according to Travel + Leisure
- Accomplishments: National Tax Moot Court Championship for seven consecutive years (2012-2018)
- Public Service: Students are required to perform 50 hours of pro bono service.
- Experiential Learning: With 150+ externship sites, Charleston School of Law students learn in and out of the classroom.